- Terrorism Directive: European Parliament to Cowardly Surrender to Outrageous Security Call28/09/16
- ePrivacy Directive: The EU Commission Must Protect the Confidentiality of Communications21/09/16
- On Facebook, French Antiracists Fall Victim to Censorship19/09/16
- Status of the hyperlink: (hyper) disappointing decision of the ECJ08/09/16
- Copyright reform: Could EU Commission do worse?02/09/16
[TheTelegraphUK] UK privacy watchdog to crack down on tech giants amid Facebook and Yahoo investigations
- [Bloomberg] Indian Students Score a Partial Win in Facebook Privacy Dispute29/09/16
- [TheIntercept] A Walking Tour of New York’s Massive Surveillance Network26/09/16
- [Wired] Norway Is Right to Be Pissed at Facebook Over Photo Censorship12/09/16
- [ArsTechnica] New Snowden leaks reveal “collect it all” surveillance was born in the UK12/09/16
- [NYTimes] Inside Facebook’s (Totally Insane, Unintentionally Gigantic, Hyperpartisan) Political-Media Machine12/09/16
La Quadrature du Net defends
- Human Rights in the digital society
- Access to a free and open Internet
- Sharing of culture and knowledge
La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group defending the rights and freedoms of citizens on the Internet.
Let us reform copyright!
In this regard, La Quadrature du Net's platform of proposals provides a thorough analysis of the key stakes and a consistent set of proposals, for the copyright reform as well as related culture and media policy issues.
Sharing: Culture and the Economy in the Internet Age
Philippe Aigrain, co-founder of La Quadrature du Net, in collaboration with Suzanne Aigrain, describes in his new book Sharing the creative contribution, a financial model designed to sustain an expanding creative economy in a context where sharing is recognized as a right.
Sharing is available
- as a paper book, available globally,
- as a commercial eBook in Epub format,
- in an open access electronic version,
- and a dedicated “live book“ website at http://www.sharing-thebook.com where you can comment on the book chapters, download source code and datasets, and interactively run models with parameters of your choice.