A Unilateral Declaration of the Digital Human Rights Dangerously Mistakes Personal Data and Creative Work
- Recommendations on The Right to Be Forgotten by La Quadrature du Net and Reporters Without Borders01/10/14
- Oettinger's Hearing: All for the Industry, Nothing for Citizens29/09/14
- Questions for the 2014-2019 European Commissioners26/09/14
- France Adopts Anti-Terror Law Eroding Civil Liberties25/09/14
- France's New Anti-Terror Bill: All Presumed Terrorist Until Proven Guilty?22/07/14
- [OpenDemocracy] Battle Royal in Brussels - backroom 'trade' deals under fire21/10/14
- [TorrentFreak] Finland Wants to Kill Crowdsourced Copyright Law17/10/14
- [Techdirt] TPP Leak Confirms Measures To Criminalize Corporate Whistleblowing17/10/14
- [NYTimes] Google Is Target of European Backlash on U.S. Tech Dominance17/10/14
- [Techdirt] Revealed: ISPs Already Violating Net Neutrality To Block Encryption And Make Everyone Less Safe Online17/10/14
La Quadrature du Net defends
- Human Rights in the digital society
- Access to a free and open Internet
- Sharing of culture and knowledge
La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group defending the rights and freedoms of citizens on the Internet.
Let us reform copyright!
In this regard, La Quadrature du Net's platform of proposals provides a thorough analysis of the key stakes and a consistent set of proposals, for the copyright reform as well as related culture and media policy issues.
Sharing: Culture and the Economy in the Internet Age
Philippe Aigrain, co-founder of La Quadrature du Net, in collaboration with Suzanne Aigrain, describes in his new book Sharing the creative contribution, a financial model designed to sustain an expanding creative economy in a context where sharing is recognized as a right.
Sharing is available
- as a paper book, available globally,
- as a commercial eBook in Epub format,
- in an open access electronic version,
- and a dedicated “live book“ website at http://www.sharing-thebook.com where you can comment on the book chapters, download source code and datasets, and interactively run models with parameters of your choice.