Copyright Directive: the cultural industry and press publishers feed on the crumbs of the mass surveillance business
- In France, Smart City Policing is Spreading Like Wildfire17/08/18
- Tor is for everyone18/07/18
- German Police searches Tor-supporters Zwiebelfreunde on flimsy bases16/07/18
- Tomorrow, European Parliament Must Reject Automated Filtering04/07/18
- Massive claims against unlawful data retention25/06/18
[TheIndependent] Facial recognition to be deployed by police across London, sparking human rights concerns
[TheIntercept_] Interpol Rolls Out International Voice Identification Database Using Samples From 192 Law Enforcement Agencies
- [ThreatPost] Sneaky Web Tracking Technique Under Heavy Scrutiny by GDPR29/06/18
- [TheRegister] Dob in naughty data slurps to top EU court, privacy groups urge28/06/18
- [TechCrunch] European and Indian regulators team up to defend net neutrality19/06/18
- [Techdirt] EU Politicians Tell European Commission To Suspend Privacy Shield Data Transfer Framework17/06/18
- [Euractiv] Nine countries unite against EU export controls on surveillance software16/06/18
La Quadrature du Net defends
- Human Rights in the digital society
- Access to a free and open Internet
- Sharing of culture and knowledge
La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group defending the rights and freedoms of citizens on the Internet.
Let us reform copyright!
In this regard, La Quadrature du Net's platform of proposals provides a thorough analysis of the key stakes and a consistent set of proposals, for the copyright reform as well as related culture and media policy issues.
Sharing: Culture and the Economy in the Internet Age
Philippe Aigrain, co-founder of La Quadrature du Net, in collaboration with Suzanne Aigrain, describes in his new book Sharing the creative contribution, a financial model designed to sustain an expanding creative economy in a context where sharing is recognized as a right.
Sharing is available
- as a paper book, available globally,
- as a commercial eBook in Epub format,
- in an open access electronic version,
- and a dedicated “live book“ website at http://www.sharing-thebook.com where you can comment on the book chapters, download source code and datasets, and interactively run models with parameters of your choice.