- Net neutrality advocates make final push as EU consultation enters last week11/07/16
- Privacy Shield: a Protection Full of Holes!08/07/16
- Directive on Terrorism: The EU on a Security and Post-Democratic Drift?05/07/16
- Directive on combating terrorism: LIBE Committee must oppose dangerous provisions!04/07/16
- Terrorism Directive: No Plenary vote, No Democracy20/06/16
- [ArsTechnica] Big telcos promise awesome 5G—in exchange for weak net neutrality12/07/16
- [Policito] Privacy shield dead on arrival12/07/16
- [TheIndependent] Any computer connected to the internet can be hacked by the US Government without a warrant, court rules11/07/16
- [EurActiv] Privacy Shield agreement signed off despite vote abstentions09/07/16
- [TheVerge] President Obama should pardon Edward Snowden before leaving office29/06/16
La Quadrature du Net defends
- Human Rights in the digital society
- Access to a free and open Internet
- Sharing of culture and knowledge
La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group defending the rights and freedoms of citizens on the Internet.
Let us reform copyright!
In this regard, La Quadrature du Net's platform of proposals provides a thorough analysis of the key stakes and a consistent set of proposals, for the copyright reform as well as related culture and media policy issues.
Sharing: Culture and the Economy in the Internet Age
Philippe Aigrain, co-founder of La Quadrature du Net, in collaboration with Suzanne Aigrain, describes in his new book Sharing the creative contribution, a financial model designed to sustain an expanding creative economy in a context where sharing is recognized as a right.
Sharing is available
- as a paper book, available globally,
- as a commercial eBook in Epub format,
- in an open access electronic version,
- and a dedicated “live book“ website at http://www.sharing-thebook.com where you can comment on the book chapters, download source code and datasets, and interactively run models with parameters of your choice.