- The European Commission Wants to Bring Back ACTA Through the Back Door!03/07/14
- Will Member States Defend Net Neutrality, in Line with the European Parliament?05/06/14
- Snowden, the Terminator, and Us05/06/14
- [Video] Discussion with Richard Stallman about Surveillance, the Future of Internet, Life, the Universe and Everything27/05/14
- Will the Italian Presidency of the EU Council Support Net Neutrality?09/05/14
- [Wired] Free Mobile Data Plans Are Going to Crush the Startup Economy05/08/14
- [Torrentfreak] Block The Pirate Bay Within 3 Days, Austrian ISPs Told01/08/14
- [TheRegister] Will the next US-EU trade pact prevent Brussels acting against US tech giants?01/08/14
- [TheGuardian] Edward Snowden urges professionals to encrypt client communications01/08/14
- [WashingtonPost] Verizon's slowing down data for some of its heaviest users. And the FCC is calling them out on it.31/07/14
La Quadrature du Net defends
- Human Rights in the digital society
- Access to a free and open Internet
- Sharing of culture and knowledge
La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group defending the rights and freedoms of citizens on the Internet.
Let us reform copyright!
In this regard, La Quadrature du Net's platform of proposals provides a thorough analysis of the key stakes and a consistent set of proposals, for the copyright reform as well as related culture and media policy issues.
Sharing: Culture and the Economy in the Internet Age
Philippe Aigrain, co-founder of La Quadrature du Net, in collaboration with Suzanne Aigrain, describes in his new book Sharing the creative contribution, a financial model designed to sustain an expanding creative economy in a context where sharing is recognized as a right.
Sharing is available
- as a paper book, available globally,
- as a commercial eBook in Epub format,
- in an open access electronic version,
- and a dedicated “live book“ website at http://www.sharing-thebook.com where you can comment on the book chapters, download source code and datasets, and interactively run models with parameters of your choice.