Safe harbor: abusive data collection and mass surveillance repealed by the European Court of Justice!
- Civil rights groups condemn draft mass surveillance bill to be adopted in France30/09/15
- Safe Harbor Suspension by EU Court of Justice Is an Essential First Step24/09/15
- French-American Lawyer to Refer to French Surveillance Watchdog against International Surveillance16/09/15
- Data Protection: Unambiguous is Ambiguous16/09/15
- International Surveillance: A New French Bill to Collect Data Worldwide!15/09/15
[Netzpolitik] Strategic Initiative Technology: We Unveil the BND Plans to Upgrade its Surveillance Technology for 300 Million Euros
- [Telegraph] EU's data sharing deal with US is invalid, European Court's Advocate-General says23/09/15
- [TheRegister] In EU-US data sharing we trust - but can we have that in writing, say MEPs17/09/15
- [EconomicTimes] A lucky accident: Net neutrality changed the world for the better, let's keep it that way07/09/15
- [DutchNews] KPN joins criticism of Dutch government's new phone tap rules07/09/15
- [AlJazeera] Vice News fixer 'charged over encryption software'04/09/15
La Quadrature du Net defends
- Human Rights in the digital society
- Access to a free and open Internet
- Sharing of culture and knowledge
La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group defending the rights and freedoms of citizens on the Internet.
Let us reform copyright!
In this regard, La Quadrature du Net's platform of proposals provides a thorough analysis of the key stakes and a consistent set of proposals, for the copyright reform as well as related culture and media policy issues.
Sharing: Culture and the Economy in the Internet Age
Philippe Aigrain, co-founder of La Quadrature du Net, in collaboration with Suzanne Aigrain, describes in his new book Sharing the creative contribution, a financial model designed to sustain an expanding creative economy in a context where sharing is recognized as a right.
Sharing is available
- as a paper book, available globally,
- as a commercial eBook in Epub format,
- in an open access electronic version,
- and a dedicated “live book“ website at http://www.sharing-thebook.com where you can comment on the book chapters, download source code and datasets, and interactively run models with parameters of your choice.