From La Quadrature du Net
Political Memory: Francisca PLEGUEZUELOS AGUILAR, former MEP
- Born on 28 June 1950, Granada
- Country: Spain
- Political Group: Socialist Group in the European Parliament (PSE)
Party: Partido Socialista Obrero Español
Functions in European Parliament
- 21/07/2004 - 30/01/2007 : Committee on Regional Development (Member)
- 21/07/2004 - 30/01/2007 : Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (Substitute)
- 15/09/2004 - 13/07/2009 : Delegation to the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly (Member)
- 15/09/2004 - 13/07/2009 : Delegation to the EU-Chile Joint Parliamentary Committee (Substitute)
- 31/01/2007 - 13/07/2009 : Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (Member)
- 31/01/2007 - 13/07/2009 : Committee on Regional Development (Substitute)
- Graduate in mathematical sciences (1972)
- Diploma in I.T
- For management (1988)
- Senior secondary school teacher (since 1990)
- Assistant university lecturer, algebra department, Granada (1972-1976)
- Secondary school teacher (1977-1990)
- Member of the PSOE Regional Executive Committee in Andalusia (1992-1996)
- Member of the Federal Committee (1996-2000)
- Member of the Congress of Deputies for Granada (1989-1993)
- Senator for Granada (1993-2000)
- Member of the Congress of Deputies for Granada (2000-2004)
- 06/05/2009 - Directives reforming the EU's regulatory framework for electronic communications networks and services (telecoms package), 2nd reading 22.9/100
- 24/09/2008 - Directives reforming the EU's regulatory framework for electronic communications networks and services (telecoms package), 1st reading 47.5/100
- 10/04/2008 - Rapport Bono on cultural industries in Europe 100.0/100
- 25/04/2007 - Criminal measures aimed at ensuring the enforcement of intellectual property rights (IPRED 2), 1st reading 21.1/100
- 12/10/2006 - Resolutions on European Patent Litigation Agreement (EPLA) 18.1/100
- Written questions at European Parliament
- Proposals for a resolution at European Parliament
- Reports at European Parliament
- Opinions at European Parliament
- Speeches in plenary at European Parliament
- Written declarations in European Parliament
Thanks to improve this part with opinions from Francisca PLEGUEZUELOS AGUILAR about La Quadrature du Net concerned issues (see page Help:Political_Memory to know how to do it).
02/09/2008 Telecoms Package Plenary Speeches
First of all, I want to congratulate the draftpersons, since they have made a good job. This review carry out the planned objectives and it adapts to the new times and the new challenges, both for enterprises and consumers.
But let me stop at a particular point in the Harbour report. It is true that the draftsman has made a magnificient job, but I believe that is not convenient to tackle in this place that set of final amendments dealing with the issue of content in the Net, in this directive, since these amendments definitely allow the undertakings to filter and block the content flowing through the Net, and finally are the consumers the ones who will lost its anonymity.
Honourable members, this position is contrary to the article 12 of the Directive on Electronic Commerce, which already establishes that the undertakings must act as “mere conduit” when they tansmit electronic information.
Hence, in a Rule of Law we cannot make in the Net things that we would not do in other communications. That is why I urge Mr. Harbour to remove these amendments to recover balance between copyright and the users' rights on the Internet.