- Status of the hyperlink: (hyper) disappointing decision of the ECJ08/09/16
- Copyright reform: Could EU Commission do worse?02/09/16
- La Quadrature du Net supports Reporters Without Borders against the German Surveillance Law12/08/16
- Encryption and privacy: La Quadrature du Net Welcomes the Opinion of the European Data Protection Supervisor08/08/16
- Net Neutrality: High quality connectivity and net neutrality go hand in hand08/08/16
- [ArsTechnica] New Snowden leaks reveal “collect it all” surveillance was born in the UK12/09/16
- [NYTimes] Inside Facebook’s (Totally Insane, Unintentionally Gigantic, Hyperpartisan) Political-Media Machine12/09/16
- [TheIntercept] Facing Data Deluge, Secret U.K. Spying Report Warned of Intelligence Failure21/07/16
- [WIRED] Privacy Shield Will Let US Tech Giants Grab Europeans’ Data14/07/16
- [Arstechnica] Europol’s online censorship unit is haphazard and unaccountable says NGO13/07/16
La Quadrature du Net defends
- Human Rights in the digital society
- Access to a free and open Internet
- Sharing of culture and knowledge
La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group defending the rights and freedoms of citizens on the Internet.
Let us reform copyright!
In this regard, La Quadrature du Net's platform of proposals provides a thorough analysis of the key stakes and a consistent set of proposals, for the copyright reform as well as related culture and media policy issues.
Sharing: Culture and the Economy in the Internet Age
Philippe Aigrain, co-founder of La Quadrature du Net, in collaboration with Suzanne Aigrain, describes in his new book Sharing the creative contribution, a financial model designed to sustain an expanding creative economy in a context where sharing is recognized as a right.
Sharing is available
- as a paper book, available globally,
- as a commercial eBook in Epub format,
- in an open access electronic version,
- and a dedicated “live book“ website at http://www.sharing-thebook.com where you can comment on the book chapters, download source code and datasets, and interactively run models with parameters of your choice.